I am the taste of pure water and the radiance of the sun and moon.
I am the sacred word and the sound heard in air, and the courage of human beings.
I am the sweet fragrance in the earth and the radiance of fire;
I am the life in every creature and the striving of the spiritual aspirant.
Lord Krishna from The Bhagavad Gita.
Hello, fellow friends on the path,
Last weekend was the inagural mythology & movement class where I read a myth on the featured deity and led mantra and a brief meditation before we shifted gears into a fiery vinyasa flow class.
This week’s LIVE class features Krishna, the Hindu God of Compassion, Tenderness, and Love—which is pretty fitting if you’re joining me for Feast of the Senses today!
Krishna is the eight incarnation of Vishnu (God of Preservation) and is one of the more popular Gods in Hinduism as he appears in epics such as The Bhagavad Gita and the Mahabharata. In the Bhagavad Gita—one of my favorite books—Krishna appears as Arjuna’s charioteer to assist him on the battlefeild.
On the battlefeild as he speaks to Arjuna, Krisha says,
“I am the power of discrimination in those who are intelligent, and the glory of the noble. In those who are strong, I am strength, free from passion and selfish attachment. I am desire itself, if that desire is in harmony with the purpose of life.”
Today, we’ll celebrate Krisha with myth, mantra, and a brief meditation before the LIVE class that features back strengthening and heart opening.
Join me TODAY at 11am PST,
for a practice working up to wheel with Urdhva Dhanurasana
If you aren’t able to make the class, we’ll post the on-demand replay in the New Release playlist 24-hours after the class has gone live.
Here’s the info on today’s class:
Join me for a 60-minute class inspired by the Hindu god of Krishna. I’ll start the class with a myth and mantra for Krishna. We’ll dive into a 45-minute vinyasa practice moving working up to the backbend Wheel, Urdhva Dhanurasana.
Some of you mentioned a lag in the LIVE class, making it difficult to stay with the instruction.
If you experience a lag in the LIVE class:
Refresh your web browser or app to sync back up with the class’ instruction.
You’re Invited to My Self-Led Retreat:
The theme for this weekend’s retreat is a Feast of the Senses.
Choose from a variety of activities, including;
Vinyasa and Restorative Yoga sessions
Tea ceremony with my homemade chai
& much more!
The Power of Myth
I love reading and bringing mythology into my yoga classes, as storytelling gives us that sense that we’re not alone. Story allows us to connect and empathize with unique people, places, and events that we may not have been exposed to otherwise.
The top 3 books that I’ve read lately:
- Greenlights by Matthew McConaughey
- Girl, Woman, Other – Bernardine Evaristo
- Untamed – Glennon Doyle
Last week, I asked the PWC Facebook Group to share some of their favorite books right now, here are some of the recommendations:
Practice with Clara Community
· Wintering by Katherine May
· Braiding Sweetgrass by Robin Wall Kimmerer
· Awakening Joy by Baraz
· Embrace Yoga’s Roots by Susan Barataki
· Wolf Hall by Hilary Mantel
· Labyrinth of the Spirits by Carlos Ruiz Zafon
· The Empaths Survival Guide by Judith Orloff
· Existential Kink by Carolyn Elliott
· Spiritual Rhythms in Adult Life by Bernard Lievegoed
· There There by Tommy Orange
· Everything I know about Love by Dolly Alderton
· American Dirt by Jeanine Cummins
· In My Own Moccasins by Helen Knott
· Swell by Liz Clark
· The Invention of Wings by Sue Monk Kidd
· There I Am by Ruthie Lindsey
· Medicine Walk by Richard Wagamese
· The Hidden Lamp by Zenshin Florence Caplow
· Women Who Run With Wolves by Clarissa Estes
· Cassandra Speaks by Elizabeth Lesser
· When Breath Becomes Air by Paul Kalani
· The Invisible Life of Addie Larue by V. E. Schwab
Did You Know…
We’ve added every Spotify Playlist to the App so you can easily find the music you want to accompany your yoga class.
To play music from Spotify to accompany your class, here’s what to do:
If you’re on a web browser:
Copy/paste the link of the class into your web browser
If you’re on a mobile device:
I hope you can join a portion of the self-led retreat today and give yourself some space to reflect and revel in all of the senses.
Sending love and a virtual hug,
Clara & the Team.