200 Hour YTT
Join Clara Roberts-Oss and Carolyn Anne Budgell in this 200 hour vinyasa yoga teacher training program designed to help you deepen your practice and understanding of the body as well as learn all the skills for instructing an incredible Vinyasa Yoga class.
Diving into a teacher training is not just for those who want to teach yoga, but also for those wishing to create a greater connection to breath, community and their inner teacher. This program focuses on the principles for living a balanced lifestyle in a modern society and how to be a role model for others.
** Yoga Alliance Certified, Lila School of Vinyasa Yoga **
you will learn...
- Why Yoga? What yoga means for us in the present day, why do we practice, how should we practice and how can we share it effectively with others?
- The Yoga Postures: detailed alignment and anatomy through daily asana labs to break it all down and build it up methodically. Anatomy portion taught by Erin Moon, ERYT-500.
- Safety and Options For Everyone: contraindications of yoga poses and variations for all levels of students (how to look at all different types of bodies!)
- Hands-on Adjustments: the delicate actions and ethics of touching and assisting others.
- Sequencing: an important chapter on intelligently sequencing yoga poses and creating seamless vinyasa flows with a heating element, peak poses and a calming cool down.
- The Roots: philosophy, Sanskrit pronunciation, overview of various lineages that contribute to the yoga we know today and history of the yoga tradition.
- Pranayama: various breathing techniques and gentle practices to understand our vital life force.
- Subtle Body Energies: chakras, nadis and other unseen lines flowing through the body.
- The Healing Powers of mantra, meditation and the ancient medicine of Ayurveda.
- The Business of Yoga: how to get started, authentically integrating the many hats of a yoga teacher, settling in to your own voice, boundaries, honing in on a niche and your passion for teaching.
trainees can expect...
- A daily yoga, pranayama and meditation practice.
- Because the best teacher is a lifelong student.
- Applied hands-on teaching experience.
- Jump right in to practice teaching. Discover the authentic voice within. Clara and Carolyn are passionate about and committed to providing registered trainees with as much hands-on time teaching as possible during this training.
- Exploration of anatomy basics in your own body.
- Learn anatomy from the best of the best and how it directly relates to yoga postures and to finding safe alignment in all poses.
- Feedback on sequences and practice teaching.
- Growth comes from discussion, asking questions and learning ways to improve. Carolyn and Clara provide a safe environment for feedback on the physical and subtle aspects of teaching.
- Relevant and personal stories/sharing.
- Your path and all that has led you to this moment is important. Explore ways to share your story while listening and connecting to the journeys of others.
- Contemplating your unique body and the wisdom that lies within.
- Yoga is a practice of experimentation that spans our entire lifetime. We all require different poses and types of movement at different stages, but if you can honor and appreciate your phase at any given time, your respect and understanding for others will be instantly felt. Tune into your self, your wisdom and uncover how to teach from this place.
** This course was carefully designed by Clara and Carolyn for anyone with two years of Vinyasa practice.**
** Yoga Alliance Certified, Lila School of Vinyasa Yoga **
- How long should I have been practicing yoga for before attending?
We recommend at least 2 years of Vinyasa (Flow) yoga practice, so that you have a basic understanding of all the poses, of your body and the general format for flow classes.
- Will we practice yoga daily?
Yes, there will be a 2 hour class led by Clara or Carolyn and, on many days, an extra class led by your peer.
- How much hands-on experience will I get?
You will start practice teaching each other immediately. You will teach a 60 minute class during the course.
- How many students do you accept?
We allow for about 15-25 participants in the training depending upon location. We like everyone to have a chance to contribute throughout the training, and a smaller group means more connection!
- Does this training contribute towards a 300 or 500 hour (if I have already completed a 200 hour training)?
Sadly no. A 300 hour training is a different training altogether, for experienced instructors. Our 200 hour training gives you all the skills and tools needed to jump into the teaching world, as a new teacher. Yet you can always take more than one 200 hour training in your life!
- Can I take this training even if I don’t want to teach yoga?
Absolutely! You can soak in all the studies and practices without writing the exam or practice-teaching. It’s an incredible opportunity to explore the deepest aspects of yourself, either way. And we often find that many people end up realizing during the course, that they were in fact passionate about teaching all along!
- Is there anything I need to study or read prior to beginning the program? Do I need to bring any books with me?
Yes, we have outlined 6 books (in the pages above) that are ‘Required Reading’. These are book written by our revered teachers, in the lineages that have inspired our paths and our teachings. You will not be required to bring daily, unless specified by us in advance.
- How should I prepare for the training?
Read all the books, take yoga classes at least 3 times per week and watch your inbox for homework from us! You will receive your manual on Day 1.
- What happens if I have to miss a few days?
We cannot allow for more than two days missed unfortunately (outside of emergency situations). For the time that must be missed, there will be extra assignments and class observations to help make up for contact hours.
- When does the training fill up?
This is something we cannot predict, we recommend reserving your spot when you have decided. We usually sell out 30 days prior to the start date.
- How do I pay each instalment? Can I e-transfer, use a cheque, a bank draft, a wire?
See the section ‘Making a Payment’ (above) for info on how and where to send the payment – (yes to all those methods!!)
- Do you both teach every day together?
Clara and Carolyn break up the course evenly so you get a bit of them together and days with them teaching solo.
- What does a typical day look like during the training?
See the section ‘Daily Schedule’ above for a sample itinerary. Subject to slight changes.