Join Clara for a quick prop tutorial on how to use blocks to assist and enhance your practice to create more space and strength in the body.
How to Choose Your Yoga Blocks
- Purchase your yoga blocks in a pair if you can.
- Cork blocks are a lot harder, thicker, and more stable.
- Softer blocks are less intrusive in poses where the blocks are positioned along the back.
See how to benefit from yoga blocks in:
- Seated poses (easy sitting pose, hip openers, hamstring openers, forward folds).
- Standing poses (lunges, warriors, balancing poses).
Why use yoga blocks?
- Create stability in the joints.
- Support the alignment of each pose.
- Honor your body and your practice for where you are right now.
- Strengthen appropriate muscles.
- Lengthen with integrity.
- Accommodate injuries.
- Acknowledge that we are all shaped differently, and no two poses ever look the same.
In every practice, ask yourself: Where am I supposed to feel the stretch in this pose, and how can I best create the shape to facilitate that sensation?