Intellect and love are made of different materials. Intellect ties people in knots and risks nothing, but love dissolves all tangles and risks everything. Intellect is always cautious and advises, ‘Beware too much ecstasy,’ whereas love says ‘Oh, never mind! Take the plunge! Intellect does not easily break down, whereas love can effortless reduce itself to rubble. But treasures are hidden among ruins. A broken heart hides treasure. –Elif Shafak, The Forty Rules of Love
What is your relationship to the intellect?
What are you willing to risk to deepen your practice?
What’s your relationship to love?
Do you dare to be wild? I hope so…Playlist:
1. Holocene-Bon Iver
2. That Home-The Cinematic Orchestra
3. To be Alone With You-Sufjan Stevens
4. Close to Me-Elk City
5. Brothers On a Hotel Bed-Death Cab for Cutie
6. The Dress Looks Nice On You-Sufjan Stevens
7. See-Line Woman-Nina Simone
9. For Emma-Bon Iver
10. His Master’s Voice-Monsters of Folk
11. Time and Space-The Cinematic Orchestra
12. ‘Round Midnight-Thelonious Monk
13. Oh Lonesome Me (Ft Lucinda Williams)-M. Ward
14. Don’t Explain-Nina Simone
15. A Thousand Tiny Pieces-The Be Good Tanyas